Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cutting Your Grocery Bill in Half with America's Cheapest Family


I have to admit, I was skeptical about this book to begin with. With the economy in the tank as it is and has been for quite a while, my husband and I are both making half of what we were a couple years ago. This has forced us to be very frugal with our money. We have a few tricks of our own for cutting our grocery bill down, and I don't feel that we're crazy by any means. The things we have done are just logical and not a big deal!

So I wondered if this book would be from "crazy" people with odd, not practical things to do. But not the case! I love the way that they wrote it. They don't expect you do use each one of their tricks from day 1. They didn't! This is all ideas they have learned over many, many years of shopping to save money for their family. They have so many different ideas that they share in this book. Everything from how to organize food in your freezer for optimum usage, buying at the right times, implementing "buy" prices, once a month shopping and cooking, and even coupon clipping. Like I said, you certainly do not need to implement every one of their ideas right away. But if you take it all in, eventually you'll see a way to incorporate that strategy into your only family.

Even though I thought we were doing a great job saving money, there were so many tools in this book that even helped us! I would definitely recommend this book. Read it over time, implement it over time - but get ready to save money!

No comments: